Senior Engineer (Infrastructure & Networking)
Salary: £35,000.00 to £45,000.00
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 25th March 2022
An exciting opportunity exists for an individual with the right shared common values to join the Advantex Team.
Advantex is committed to encouraging growth and innovation, promoting a fun and friendly place to work and providing a supportive environment for all of our staff, whilst delivering on excellent customer service and exceeding in everything we do.
If you are a positive, ethical individual committed to continual improvement, support of your colleagues with excellent communication and interpersonal skills then please be encouraged to apply for this position.
Job Title: Senior Engineer
- Support the team with second & third line infrastructure and networking issues
- Install, configure & support key infrastructure technologies, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Network Services, i.e. DNS, DHCP
- Storage Technologies (SAN, iSCSI, NAS devices for example)
- Virtualisation (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Server Hardware (Dell, HP)
- Assist with pre-sales enquiries
- Liaise with third party vendors to support internal and external customers
- Maintain and manage a range of hardware\software including but not limited to:
- Network Switches (Cisco, HP ProCurve)
- Network Storage (Nimble, VRTX, QNAP, PowerVault & Compellent)
- Wireless Infrastructure (Cisco Meraki, Ruckus)
- Security Appliances (Cisco ASA, Cisco NGFW, Smoothwall)
- Play an active part in the 24/7 support rota.
- Responsible to: Technical Director.
- Responsible for: Self, Customers, Trainees & Apprentices.
- Liaison with: All Internal Business Areas, Third Party Vendors\Partners and Customers.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Two or more years working in a similar role for a Managed Service Provider (MSP)
- An active Cisco CCNA certification
- Microsoft MCSA or MCSE Certification in Server 2016
- Experience installing and configuring Microsoft Active Directory environments
- A detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Strong troubleshooting skills with VMWare vSphere environments
- Proficient at deploying server and storage solutions
- Operating experience with VLANs, Switching and Quality of Service
- Ability to work under pressure and to agreed deadlines
- Good numeracy, Literacy and Communication Skills.
- VMWare VCP Certification in version 6 or above
- Experience working with Mitel MiVoice Business and/or MiVoice Office 250
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure.
Main demands of the role:
- Managing Customer Expectations.
- Caseload & Time Management.
- Supporting Colleagues with Technical Knowledge.
- Managing Complex Cases.
- Obtaining and Maintaining Professional Certifications.
- Supporting Management Team.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
What we will offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Tiered Pension Scheme
- Bupa Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Critical Illness Cover
- Sick Pay Protection
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Benefit App with Instant Discounts Across 120 Brands
The successful applicant will be 5 years DBS screened to enable them to serve some of our more security sensitive customers.
You will be required to work on call, out of hours as part of a rota.