Closing Date: 19th September 2019
An exciting opportunity exists for an individual with the right shared common values to join the Advantex Team.
Advantex is committed to encouraging growth and innovation, promoting a fun and friendly place to work and providing a supportive environment for all of our staff, whilst delivering on excellent customer service and exceeding in everything we do.
If you are a positive, ethical individual committed to continual improvement, support of your colleagues with excellent communication and interpersonal skills then please be encouraged to apply for this position.
Job Title: Pre-Sales Engineer
Main Purpose of Job: Assisting the sales department in technical pre-sales and training
• Responsible to: Sales Director
• Responsible for: Self
• Liaison with: Sales Department, Projects, support, Implementation engineers, Clients and Vendors
• Enhanced DBS
• 5 Year Screening
• Good numeracy, literacy, presentation and communication skills
• Attention to detail is essential to the role
• As you will be liaising direct with clients, it is essential that you have a positive attitude and are presentable at all times
• The ability to manage own time is essential to the role as it is expected multiple project designs, and consultative processes will be managed in tandem
• Required from time-to-time to attend social events with customers and colleagues’
• Mitel Sales Professional and/or Cisco Specific Qualifications around Security and Enterprise Networks
• Demonstrable Knowledge of Business Process and Functions, and how these apply to ICT.
• Cisco CCNA/CCDA
• Mitel Certified Associate (MCA)
Main Tasks of Job:
• Understand and articulate clients or prospects requirements for Communications and Network Solutions.
• Attend site visits.
• Work with the Account Managers and Business Development Managers in compiling a design and Bill of Materials ready to be presented by the AM/BDM.
• Responding to tenders from a technical perspective.
• Compile wireless designs using the desktop survey tools and on-site active/passive surveys.
• Compile LAN and WAN topologies and designs and network topologies with the likes of Microsoft Visio and IRIS.
• Build quote templates and keep these up to date.
• Compile Quotes and close for additional, bespoke and small works with accounts.
• Carry out system training with clients.
• Presenting technical solutions to clients, at times in a formal setting.
• Attend training events and support on marketing events and exhibitions where you may also be required to present technologies to a wider audience.
• Keep the sales team abreast of vendor updates and solutions and therefore keep self up to date with these technologies and developments.
• Training the sales team on specific technologies (CPD).
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Sound like you? Apply below…